Analytic Accounting in Odoo 8Subscription only
Learn to use analytic accounting in Odoo.
How to use analytic accounting in Odoo
Use Analytic Accounting in Odoo 8 to do Project Job Costing
Analytic accounting helps you get the most out your data in Odoo
Analytic Accounting in Odoo v8
Why would I want to use Analytic Accounting in Odoo?
With Odoo's analytical accounting you can create default analytical transactions that will allow you to track exactly the income you made during your promotions. As another example, you can tie analytical accounts to users.... giving you the ability to generate commission reports or perhaps create bonus plans. Understanding analytical accounting will help you get the most out of Odoo and this video will show you step by step exactly how to set it all up and get it working for your business.
Does analytic accounting change my standard chart of accounts?
No. You still maintain a chart of accounts just like before... Analytic accounting allows you to look at your transactions from another perspectivce. In this video our example we use a company that builds water towers. With companies that have large projects it is important to know what costs and income go with those projects. The standard chart of accounts still remains and you still can see your total costs for products just like before. Analytic accounting just lets you see it all from another perspective.
Can I do job costing in Odoo?
With analytic accounting and Odoo's project manager it is relatively easy to setup a system to track costs and income by jobs.
What are some examples in which I could use analytical accounting?
- Look at income and expenses for a given job or project you have done for a client
- Are you doing a big event? Don't create an account in your general ledger. Instead, setup an analytical account so that you can look at the expenses and if applicable the income that resulted.
- Have an upcoming sales promotion? Using an analytical account you can track income on the projects and services you have promoted
- Need a sales commission report? Use analytical accounting to automatically track sales into analytical accounts tied to Odoo users.
- Need to look at sales by region? Don't use general ledger accounts... instead create an analytical view account and group your customers into them.
Does this video have any pre-requisites?
To best understand this video you should know the basics of Odoo & Accouting and finance from either Odoo Essentials or watching Odoo 8 Accounting Finance Setup For Beginners.